Saturday, August 16, 2014

bakes & cakes 15

My last bakes and cakes was in February...Ya Allah lamanya tak update my bakes! Well, it's not because I did not do any baking but most probably I've been baking the same the same stuff over and over again. soo... this weekend I decided to go through my food folder and realized there are a few 'cakes' that has not been uploaded yet.

Strawberry meringue layer cake, recipe from one of Nigella's cookbook, requested by Alia for her birthday.
Senang aje, she chose her own cake, tunjuk kat mama, siap dengan resipi2 skali. Mama just cakap ok, boleh buat.

Irfan's birthday cake, rainbow cake with m&ms. He doesn't really know what cake he wanted, so he just stick to the ones that he's familiar with.
Tersipu-sipu pulak bila kita nyanyi happy birthday kat dia..
nicely cut to be eaten
another birthday cake, for my 1-yr-old niece
recipe is the same as rainbow cake but in pink with cream cheese frosting
My hariraya cake, well, not mine actually...2 red velvets for MIL, another 2 for grandma, kek kukus masam manis for my mom and kek suji for nenek kajang. took me 5 hours to bake all these, excluding the frosting on the red velvet. Frosting was done a day after... tak larat to do it on the same day..baking during Ramadhan is really challenging.
chocolate pavlova with kiwi and pineapple... couldn't find any strawberry to top it off ;-(
irfan really loves the meringue, makan macam to aje, maybe next time I'll just make that for him.
Superfudgy brownies with choc chip and walnut, requested by my neighbour, thank you for your order, Kak Kin..

5 comments:

Shasrine said...

Chocolate pavlova.. yum. Kat sini kalau bday and malas nak buat kek mmg buat chocolate pavlova je..ramai peminat.. especially kalau add chocolate shavings kat atas pavlova tu.. the one with high cocoa percentage.

ezlin said...

Hi Nurul, tak pernah pulak buat pavlova letak choc shaving, kalau ada pun choc chip. Maybe next time boleh cuba. :-)

Lee said...

Hello Ezlin, I sure love this cake. I think if you ada where I am, tentu buat cakes selalu as now summer, banyak strawberry, plums, pears, peaches,....apples next month.

Your this cake looks outstanding. I think dua keping will do me fine, bila tengok TV, ha ha.
Love those hari raya cakes too.
But I still prefer local cakes, like kueh bingka, dodol, tu biru puteh kueh put kaya on top, da lupa the others names.

Women, wives who can cook and bake always score lots of points. Habby pun manjah lebeh, ha ha.
Have a nice day, simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
Lee.

ezlin said...

Hi Lee, wahh...summer time fruits..yummy...kat sini berries expensive lahh...must think twice if I wanna use it for baking. I can think of many desserts to make with those fruirs.
Bingka I jarang buat sebab kurang sambutan in my house. Kalau ada pun only sago gula malaka and onde-onde.

Have a nice day, Lee.
Ezlin

Lee said...

Hi Ezlin, I lupa mention, where I am berries, all kinds grow wild, and if hiking, cycling in the bush or forests, if see these berries, mau jaga sikit, as bears love to eat them.
Chabut! Ha ha ha.
I suka tu blueberry tea biscuits or scones. With iced coffee.
You have a nice day. Simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
Lee.
Ps, senang datang.