Sunday, November 10, 2013

masak-masak

We have been getting our supply of fresh seafood from Bagan Pasir for almost a year now.  These are some of the seafood that I've been cooking for the family. Some of the dishes, after I cooked for 2-3 times, my maid can easily reproduce it.

 Ikan tenggiri tiga rasa
 Butterfly cut prawn-masak tiga rasa.
 Creamy butter prawn - the kids really like the sauce, I always made this with extra sauce, usually using 3/4 to 1 can of evaporated milk. Anything less will not be enough.
 Udang masak merah..tuan punya tangan kat belakang dah tak sabar nak makan.
Pan-fried tenggiri slice with baked macaroni and salads
 Prawn with dried chillies - sort of kung pao chicken but with prawns
 kam heong crabs - also made lala using this recipe
our latest favourite- salted egg yolk crab. Initially I cooked 1.8kg of crabs with 6 salted egg yolks...not enough. So the second time I made this I used 8 salted egg yolks for about the same amount of crabs...yummy...calories, cholesterol salt content-- belakang kira. what to do with the leftover salted egg white pun belakang kira.

Not in pictures but our favourites too- Ikan kembung percik, ikan cencaru sumbat, ikan bawal masak portugese style, asam pedas ikan jenak/tenggiri.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ezlin, wow! Holy Smoke! These are foods fit for a King or Sultan! They all look simply awesome!
Ezlin, you sure can cook up a storm....
I love those prawns and crabs, my favourites.

Wish I am your neighbour....then I bring durians present to you, and maybe get invited for dinner, ha ha.
Outstanding! Ezlin, I am impressed!
By the way, hubby has to loosen his belt buckle one more notch? Ha ha ha.
If free, check out Amelia's blog.
Oh ya, And my latest and last public posting, posted today.
Best regards, happy cooking.
Lee.

ezlin said...

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the kind compliments...ehh if you are my neighbour I will surely invite you for dinner..tak bawak durian pun tak pe..

Got to go, see you later,
Ezlin

Amelia said...

Hi Ezlin, wow.. you sure is an excellent cook. All the dishes look superb good. 2 thumbs up for you.

Best regards.

ezlin said...

Thank you Amelia, for your kind compliments. Looking at your blog I'm sure you are an excellent cook yourself. Will try some of your recipes, they look delicious.

Have a nice day,
Ezlin