Tuesday, July 2, 2013

bakes & cakes 13


Steam moist fruit cake..in my house i'm the only one who eat this cake...so, once it's cool down, just divide into half and gave one half to my next door neighbour which I know also enjoy fruit cake.  i chose this recipe  because the cooking time is just 2 hours compared to my grandma's recipe which take 4 hours. May be next time I'll invest in  a bigger steamer and try my granny's recipe. Kalau pakai steamer kecik kena pakai half recipe...buang gas aje...

 biskut mazola.. DH's favourite cookie
 orange syrup cake recipe adapted from davidlebovitz.com  I substituted half of almond powder with semolina. Alia and I love it because the orange taste refreshingly strong, but DH and Irfan couldn't eat it because of the same reason. If you love orange cake, you've got to try this.

Yet to be baked banana muffin.. made this and brought to hospital when visiting relatives
 Shortbread cookie again, this time I bake it in a 8x8 cake pan and cut it into bars when it's still warm
 yet to be filled cream puff. made chocolate custard cream for the filling
nostalgic baking...rock buns but with choc chips instead of raisin.. I first made this in Form 1, form 2? during SRT class. since DH and the kids don't like raisins, I have always use chocolate chips or dates even instead of raisins.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ezlin, I love your this cake. In fact I have always loved fruit cakes.
Many of my friends don't. And some will pass to me bila dapat extra from friends X'mas.

And cream puff another favourite too. Yours looks really fluffy! Love the colours.
Have a fun Sunday.
Lee.

ezlin said...

Hi Uncle Lee,
How nice to get extra fruitcakes..many of the people i know also dont like fruitcake, it's a case of either you love it or hate it. Read about cream puff in your posting ;-)..
thanks for visiting,
ezlin