Tuesday, September 21, 2010

spa treat



this raya break i went to a spa to have a body massage. went to the spa above and try their massage, it was a bit different from the traditional malay/indonesian massage. halfway through the massage the masseur offered me to try guasa saying that my body has a lot of  'angin'. after some times trying to convince me to try it, (her trying to make me understand  and i'm trying my best trying to figure out whether she was speaking mandarin, english or malay), i said ok.
after some googling, this is what i found out about guasa  
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1207095/guasa_the_3000yearold_beauty_ritual.html

hmmm..red patches are signs of toxins released from the body...betul ke? and is there a  medical terminology for body which has a lot of angin? something to do with lymphatic system?  i didn't really enjoy the guasa experience as it was on the painful side and i ended up with a lot of red patches on my back. a simple massage would do. a hot stone massage would be better.


No comments: