Monday, February 17, 2014

bakes & cakes 14

Dah lama tak update blog...bakes & cakes lagi lama tak update. Last month I was 'bibikless' so the time that I usually use for baking was replaced with cooking for the family. Most of the bakes here was done before my maid went back for her emergency leave.

 short bread Belgian choc chip cookies
 baklava with cashew fillings
 red velvet cuppies for my neighbour
 green tea cake with cream cheese frosting
 vintage coconut cake - so far the best recipe that I've tried for coconut cake

 green tea German cookies
 special order - strawberry cheese tart (using similar recipe for the normal strawberry tart but with loads of fresh strawberries). special order because it's for a family member.
 the usual red velvet orders
 panna cotta - requested by Alia, but enjoyed by all, have to make another batch of this a couple days later
eggless banana chocolate brownies with dulce de leche

6 comments:

Shasrine said...

Baklava to nampak sgt sedap..

ezlin said...

Hi Nurul, baklava tu memang lagi sedap buat sendiri sebab boleh control manis..kalau yang beli terover manis.

ezlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ezlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...

Hi Ezlin, wow! I wish I am your neighbour. I beli durian or crabs give to you, maybe get invited over eat your these fabulous cakes.
I am really impressed with your these creations. Nice colours, and semua pun might instigate, "may I have another one"? Ha ha ha.
I suka tu vintage coconut cake.
My favourites are anything ada coconut or pineapple.

Long time ago, I stayed at Shah Alam, when it was very new with new homes. Rubber estates all around. I rented a house with neighbours all Malays...I was the only Chinese too...and a bachelor. But they like me as I had my Doberman guard dog...jaga their homes too at nights.

You can imagine the neneks and makciks raise eyebrow...you tau la kan, makciks suka duduk tepi pintu petang watch the world go by...they see me come home with a lady friend, raise eyebrow, ha ha. Ahhh, but saya ta'berani bring home Malay girls, ha ha ha.

Anyway, I used to buy crabs, durians, rambutans, udang galahs when travelling all over and give to my neighbours.
They in turn will give me kuehs or even bowls of ikan masak nanas lemak, whatever.
You have a nice day, keep well.
Lee.

ezlin said...

Hi Lee,
If you are my neighbour I'll pass you the cakes every time I made them, coz usually we won't be able to finish everything off. Every time my son's friends came to our place I will offer them whatever cake I had at that time, sometimes they themselves open the fridge and requested it from my son hehehe. I would love to receive udang galah or crabs from my neighbours :-)

I can imagine the makciks wondering what happened in your place those times...hihihi

Have a great day,
Ezlin